Susan began her journalism career as a newspaper reporter, covering police and spot news, then moving to feature writing. She transitioned to magazine journalism and guides her team to continually enhance the publications, public relations and communications it creates on digital and print platforms. She has been editor of The Magazine of Sigma Chi since 2006, and she and her team have won the Fraternity Communications Association's Fred F. Yoder Award for Overall Excellence every four years, when The Magazine is eligible to receive it. Her staff has won numerous other awards for their work.
She has bachelor's degrees in journalism and political science and an MBA in marketing.
She is a Sigma Kappa and is a national volunteer for the organization.
- Oversee the communications staff and all digital and print communications
- Enforce brand management and oversee public relations, social media, web presence and multimedia efforts
- Tell the story of the organization and its members through various platforms
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary and financial responsibilities of the department
- Conceptualize and manage the production for the award-winning Magazine of Sigma Chi
- Manage marketing communications and editorial services related to annual Fraternity conferences